AGM - New guest speakers announced!
We are pleased to announce that we will be holding our Annual General Meeting on February 2nd 2013 in London. The meeting will take place at Toynbee Hall which has a long-standing history of community development and empowerment. This year we are going to take a different approach with much more interaction and participation to ensure everyone's voice is heard.
Highlights on the day:
- Reflections from Lisa Nandy MP
- Fishbowls of accountability (read all about it here)
- Panelists including Hilary Wainwright and David Marquand will debate the 'Crisis of Politics'
- A lesson on strategic campaigning from Richard Hawkins at Common Cause
There are four ways for Compass members to get involved with this year's AGM process, to use your vote and have your say in the future of Compass:
1. Register here to book your place
2. Read our Compass Constitution here and suggest amendments
3. Read our Political Positioning and Priorities Statement here and suggest amendments
4. Then vote on the amended Constitution and PPPS, either online or in person at our AGM
The Constitution is the binding agreement within Compass and enables members to hold Compass staff and the Management Committee to account. The PPPS sets out our strategic political positioning statement for the year ahead, as well as a list of key priorities and activities.
Have your say:
- If you would like to make any amendments to the Compass Constitution and/or the PPPS you have until January 7th 2013 at 6pm. Simply email Rosie clearly stating which paragraph number/section/sentence you would like to amend on which document
- If there are any proposed amendments I will then send the amended PPPS and constitution to you on January 9th
- You then have 18 days to vote on the suggested amendments by email or post unless you are voting in person at the AGM - ballots must be in by 6pm January 29th.
Please note you can only vote if you are a paid up Compass member. If you are unsure about your membership status please contact us, you can re-new your membership for as little as £1 a month here.
P.S We acknowledge that this event is in London which is not easily accessible for all but we will try to improve this with live tweeting on the day and audio recordings. There have been 12 Compass events and meetings outside of London in the last 3 months thanks to our wonderful Compass local groups and we are trying to have even more of a presence outside of London.
Want to write an article like this? If you’re a Compass member you can submit your own articles and start your own debates on the Compass debates member’s section, an autonomous space for our members to initiate debate and discuss ideas.
To keep updated on the latest Compass news, please join our mailing list.